Stephen L. Brannan, Esq
Steve Brannan has practiced law in West Texas since 1975, having first represented business entities and insurance companies as a member of an established law firm. In 1980, Mr. Brannan established his own firm in Odessa Texas, where he focuses on representing those injured by others’ negligence. A majority of cases involve unsafe operations of trucks, cars and industrial equipment leading to serious injuries to ordinary members of the community. Attorney Brannan takes a personal interest in each and every client. Mr. Brannan’s ultimate goal is to obtain full, fair and adequate compensation for injuries suffered and the future impact from the failure of the negligent parties to conduct themselves and their companies safely.
He is an adamant believer in the jury system. By their verdicts, juries announce and establish the standards of conduct and behavior expected in the community for citizens, businesses, professionals and the government, and therefore, juries become the conscience of the community.
Mr. Brannan is a Board Certified personal injury trial lawyer, having received the certification from the Texas Board of Legal Certification in 2001. Over the course of his career, he has represented individuals and families in wrongful death cases, cases involving catastrophic and permanently debilitating injuries as well as instances in which clients have suffered less disabling injuries.
- B.B.A., Accounting, Baylor University – 1973
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law – 1973
- Associate Editor Baylor Law Review
- Member, Competition Moot Court Team, Baylor Law School
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS
- Licensed by State Bar of Texas – 1973
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- State Bar of Texas
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
- American Association of Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Ector County Bar Association
- Chairman – State Bar of Texas District 15D Grievance Committee-2005-2007