Pedestrian Accident Fatalities in The United States at Highest Point Since 1988
In 2019, pedestrian accidents in the United States reached a 30-year high, at over 6,500, according to the Governors Highway Safety Association. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, you most likely have legal grounds to sue the negligent motorist. Please read on and reach out to our experienced Texas personal injury attorney to learn more about how our firm can help you through the claims process. Here are some of the questions you might have about pedestrian accidents and how to proceed after one.
What should I do if I have been injured in a pedestrian accident?
Pedestrian accidents are jarring, and frequently physically devastating to the injured pedestrian. However, if you are physically capable, there are some things you should do after an accident to bolster your chances of proving your claim.
- First, call the police. They will also send an ambulance to take you to a hospital.
- Ask the driver for their insurance information and take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Ask any witnesses of the accident for their names, phone numbers, emails, or any other means of contacting them.
- After you’ve been transported to the hospital for treatment, ensure you ask your doctor for all medical documentation relating to your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who has been helping the wrongly injured for years.
- After you file your claim, significantly limit, or abstain altogether, from posting on social media. In today’s day and age, insurance companies frequently monitor your accounts to see if you post anything that may disprove your claim. If they do, they can use it against you. Do not let this happen.
How long will I have to sue a driver for an injury in Texas?
People in Texas must abide by the statute of limitations, which essentially states that individuals have two years from the date of their accident to pursue legal action against a negligent party. If you wait past two years, you will, generally, be barred from suing. Do not let this happen to you. We are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve and need.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
No matter your circumstances, if you have been injured in a car accident in Texas, you need not suffer alone–our firm is here to help you through every step of the legal process so that you can focus solely on what matters most: healing, so you can live a happy, productive life for years to come. If you are ready to move forward with your personal injury claim, all you have to do is reach out to The Law Offices of Steve Brannan today and we will begin the claims process.