Law Office of Steve Brannan
What You Need to Know About Truck Accidents in Texas
There are few auto accidents more damaging than truck accidents, which is why if you are someone who has recently been injured in one, you must continue reading and speak with an experienced Texas personal injury attorney to learn more about how our firm can help you through the legal process going forward.
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident?
Truck accidents are notoriously devastating, however, if you are physically capable, you should take several steps after being injured in one to maximize your chances of winning a future personal injury claim. Those steps are as follows:
- First, you should call the police, who will also send an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- While you await their arrival, ask the truck driver for his/her insurance information.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including any damage to your vehicle, the truck, and any property that was damaged in the process.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information, including their cell phone number, email, and any other means by which you may reach out.
- Ask your doctor for all documentation pertaining to your injuries, as you may use this to bolster your claim.
- Retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney who knows how to prove that you were injured as a direct result of that truck driver’s negligence.
How Long Do I Have to Sue a Truck Driver After an Accident in Texas?
Individuals in Texas must abide by the statute of limitations when it comes to personal injury claims. The statute of limitations is the timeframe by which the wrongly injured may take legal action against the negligent party that caused their accident. Since the statute of limitations in Texas for personal injury claims is, generally, two years, the wrongly injured will, generally, have two years from the date of their accident to sue. Do not make the mistake of waiting past the legally-acceptable timeframe, for if you do, you will most likely be barred from suing. We are ready to begin the claims process on your behalf immediately–all you have to do is ask.
Contact Our Experienced Texas Firm
No matter your circumstances, if you have been injured in an accident in Texas, you need not suffer alone–our firm is here to help you through every step of the legal process so that you can focus solely on what matters most: healing, so you can live a happy, productive life for years to come. If you are ready to move forward with your personal injury claim, all you have to do is reach out to The Law Offices of Steve Brannan today and we will begin the claims process.