Law Office of Steve Brannan
What You Need to Know About Memorial Day Car Accidents
Memorial Day is a day of celebration. Because of this, people travel from all over to meet with friends and family for barbecues, pool parties, and more. Unfortunately, since there is so much travel, the chances of an accident occurring will drastically increase. Please continue reading and reach out to our experienced Texas personal injury attorney to learn more about what to do if you are wrongly injured in an auto accident, and how you can file a claim to win the compensation you need. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What Should I Do After Being Injured in A Car Accident?
If you are injured in a car accident, you should take several steps to document the accident, as long as you are still physically capable of doing so. Those steps are as follows:
- First, you should call the police. They will document the accident upon arrival, and they will also send an ambulance to the scene.
- Then, you should ask the other driver for his or her insurance information.
- Next, take pictures of the scene of the accident, including damage to your car, the other driver’s car, and any property involved in the accident.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their contact information.
- Once you are treated at the hospital, ask your doctor for all documentation pertaining to your injuries sustained in the accident.
- Finally, retain the services of an experienced Odessa, Texas personal injury attorney who knows the ins and outs of the personal injury claims process.
How Long Do I Have to Sue After Being Hurt in A Car Accident in Texas?
If you have been injured in a car accident in Texas, you may feel tempted to wait to take legal action to see if your injuries heal first. We cannot advise you do so, as the statute of limitations in Texas for personal injury claims is, generally two years, giving the wrongly injured no more than two years to take legal action against the liable party. If you wait past the two-year mark, you will most likely be denied the financial compensation you deserve and need. Do not let this happen. We are ready to begin the claims process on your behalf today–all you have to do is ask.
Contact Our Experienced Odessa, Texas Firm
If you have been injured in an accident at the hands of a negligent party, you need a knowledgeable, skilled attorney on your side. At The Law Offices of Steve Brannan, we understand how crucial this point in your life is. Fortunately, our firm has the tools needed to win the compensation you deserve. Contact our firm today. We are here to help.