Law Office of Steve Brannan
What You Need to Know About Hotel Accidents in Texas
There are few things worse than being injured on vacation. Unfortunately, hotel accidents happen far more often than we’d like to admit, and if you have been injured in a hotel accident, you are most likely now seeking financial compensation to help you heal. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable Texas personal injury attorney today to learn more about how we can help you through every step of the process ahead. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What Should I Do if I Am Injured in A Hotel?
If you are injured in a hotel accident, you should take the following steps to get yourself the help you need and maximize your chances of winning a future premises liability claim:
- First, call the police and notify the hotel management of your accident.
- Ask any witnesses for their name, phone number, and email so they may corroborate your claim at a later date.
- Take pictures of the unsafe hotel condition that caused you to slip and fall before anyone has a chance to clear it away.
- Ensure you receive all medical documentation pertaining to your injuries before leaving the hospital.
- Retain the services of an experienced Texas personal injury attorney who can gather and present all other evidence needed to win your personal injury claim. For instance, in certain cases, our firm may be able to subpoena surveillance footage of your accident as it happened.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability Claims in Texas?
Every state has a statute of limitations in place when it comes to personal injury claims. The statute of limitations, simply put, is the timeframe in which every wrongly injured individual has to sue the party responsible for their injuries. Since the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas is, generally, two years, you will, under most circumstances, have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the party responsible. If you wait any longer than two years, there is a very good chance that you will be permanently time-barred from suing. Do not let this happen. We are ready to help you today–all you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call.
Contact Our Experienced Texas Firm
No matter your circumstances, if you have been injured in a car accident in Texas, you need not suffer alone–our firm is here to help you through every step of the legal process so that you can focus solely on what matters most: healing, so you can live a happy, productive life for years to come. If you are ready to move forward with your personal injury claim, all you have to do is reach out to The Law Offices of Steve Brannan today and we will begin the claims process.