Law Office of Steve Brannan
May is National Bicycle Safety Month | Useful Tips For Bike Safety
Since National Bicycle Safety Month is upon us, our experienced Texas personal injury attorney would like to share with you some of the most practical bicycle safety tips to help ensure the safety of you and others. Please continue reading to learn more.
- Always wear a helmet when riding your bicycle. Wearing a helmet is perhaps the most important safety measure someone can take. That being said, you should always purchase a helmet in compliance with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) standards.
- Follow all rules and regulations of the road. Do not think that just because you are not in a motor vehicle that you do not have to follow all rules and regulations of the road. Even on a bicycle, you must always obey traffic lights and signs, do not ride your bike while under the influence, and more.
- Ensure you are visible to all those around you: Wear neon or bright clothes, install lights on your bicycle (especially if you plan on biking at night) and ensure your bike is equipped with reflectors.
- Check your bike before heading out. One simple precaution you can take is to quickly check your bicycle for any defects or parts that are not fully functional. Check tire pressure, brakes, and any other aspect of your bike that may require maintenance.
- Always ride in the same direction as traffic. Bike in the same direction as traffic, and ensure you always use the appropriate hand signals when it comes time to turn.
Of course, these are all best practices to follow, however, there are times where cyclists are injured by negligent motorists. If you have recently been involved in an accident, you are most likely severely injured and require financial compensation to help you heal. Please do not hesitate to give our experienced Odessa personal injury attorney a call today to learn more about how our firm can help you through every step of the claims process ahead. We are always here to help you. All you have to do is ask.
Contact Our Experienced Texas Firm
If you have been injured in an accident at the hands of a negligent party, you need a knowledgeable, skilled attorney on your side. At The Law Offices of Steve Brannan, we understand how crucial this point in your life is. Fortunately, our firm has the tools needed to win the compensation you deserve. Contact our firm today. We are here to help.