Law Office of Steve Brannan
Can I Sue if I Am Injured in A Slip and Fall Accident in Texas?
Though slip and fall accidents are not as common as auto accidents, they still occur regularly, and many people sustain life-altering injuries as a result, every single day. If you are someone who has recently been injured at the hands of a negligent property owner, you are most likely eligible to receive financial compensation. Please continue reading and reach out to our knowledgeable Texas personal injury attorney to learn more about how our firm can help you.
What Should I Do if I Am Injured in A Slip and Fall Accident?
If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, you may not be able to do anything other than call 911. However, if you have the physical capability to take the following steps, you should, as they may bolster your chances of winning a claim in the future. After an accident you should:
- Call the police, who will send an ambulance to the scene of the accident.
- Take pictures of the safety hazard that caused your injuries, as the negligent property owner may try and clear it away before the police arrive.
- Ask any witnesses of your accident for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Ask your doctor for all medical documentation regarding the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Hire an experienced Odessa, Texas personal injury attorney who knows how to gather and present all additional evidence needed to prove that you were injured as a direct result of a property owner’s negligence.
How Long Do I Have to Sue a Property Owner for An Injury in Texas?
Oftentimes, when someone is wrongly injured, they will simply wait to see if their injuries heal on their own, as they do not want to get involved in the claims process. While this is totally understandable, unfortunately, this decision may come back to haunt those who wait. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas is, generally, two years, giving the wrongly injured, generally, two years from the date of their accident to sue the party responsible. If you wait any longer than two years, you will most likely lose your right to sue. Do not let this happen. The sooner you reach out to an attorney, the better, and we are ready to begin the claims process on your behalf today. Give us a call to learn more about what we can do for you.
Contact Our Experienced Odessa, Texas Firm
If you have been injured in an accident at the hands of a negligent party, you need a knowledgeable, skilled attorney on your side. At The Law Offices of Steve Brannan, we understand how crucial this point in your life is. Fortunately, our firm has the tools needed to win the compensation you deserve. Contact our firm today. We are here to help.