What You Need to Know About Initial Consultations With Personal Injury Attorneys
Being injured in an accident is a traumatic, sometimes life-changing event that may permanently impact a person. This is why if you have been injured, you are most likely now seeking financial compensation to help you heal. If you are ready to begin the claims process, you must first schedule an initial consultation with our experienced Texas personal injury attorney. This consultation is a simple meeting, and it is certainly no cause for worry or stress. However, it is always best to prepare beforehand to make the best use of our time. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What documents should I bring to my initial consultation with a personal injury attorney?
Once you schedule your consultation, you should collect and provide your attorney with several documents and pieces of evidence that can help prove your personal injury claim. Some of the most useful information you could bring to your consultation is as follows:
- Contact information of anyone who witnessed your accident, including phone numbers, names, emails, and any other means by which you may reach them so they can corroborate your claim.
- The cost of your injuries, including damage to your car, medical bills, in-home care, lost wages from being unable to return to work, and any other damages you have incurred as a result of your accident.
- Pictures of the safety hazard or videos of the accident as it happened that can help illuminate the facts of your case.
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident.
- Your health insurance information, and if you were injured in an auto accident, bring your auto insurance information as well.
What will my attorney ask me at our initial consultation?
Of course, the answer to this question varies greatly depending on the exact circumstances of your case, however, you can expect your attorney to ask a series of questions to best understand how your accident happened, who was at fault, and how he or she should best proceed. Because of this, your attorney will ask you how your injuries are affecting your life, what the doctor’s official prognosis was, whether you’ve ever sued for an accident before, whether you’ve communicated with the other party’s insurance company, and more. Attorney Brannan is here to help you through every step of the claims process ahead. All you have to do is give us a call today and we can get started.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
If you have been injured in an accident at the hands of a negligent party, you need a knowledgeable, skilled attorney on your side. At The Law Offices of Steve Brannan, we understand how crucial this point in your life is. Fortunately, our firm has the tools needed to win the compensation you deserve. Contact our firm today. We are here to help.