What Should I do After Being Injured in a Texas Truck Accident?
Our country relies on truck drivers for multiple reasons, and without them, we would be nothing. Fortunately, we have some of the hardest-working individuals on the planet behind the wheels of our trucks. However, those involved in truck accidents are generally severely injured, and therefore require financial compensation to help them get back on their feet again. If you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, then you must read on and reach out to our experienced Texas truck accident attorney to learn more about how our firm can help.
What are the most common types of truck accidents?
Trucks, rather obviously, are far more challenging to operate than a standard motor vehicle. Therefore, various types of accidents can occur as a result of negligent truck driving. They are as follows:
- Jackknife crashes: This is when an 18-wheeler goes into a skid, causing the trailer to swing out and form a 90-degree angle with the cab. Very often, other vehicles are forcefully struck in the process.
- Head-on collisions: Rather obviously, these accidents are one of the most fatal. If you have been struck by a truck traveling in the wrong lane, you are most like to financial compensation.
- Wide turn crashes: These occur when a trucker makes a wide right turn, colliding with a driver in the adjacent lane.
- Blindspot crashes: Trucks are notorious for their massive blind spots, and when truck drivers fail to acknowledge and respect these blind spots, they may strike an oncoming vehicle while changing lanes.
- Rear-end collisions: If a truck driver does not brake long before the car in front of him, there is a very good chance they will collide. These are among the most common of truck accidents, and they can cause very serious damage, as cars weigh a mere fraction of 18-wheelers.
How do I take legal action against a negligent truck driver?
If you have been injured in a truck accident, the first thing you must do is call the police. From here, they will send an ambulance and document the facts of the incident. While you wait for them to arrive, if possible, you should always ask any witnesses of the accident for their contact information. Once you receive medical treatment, you must retain the legal assistance of an experienced attorney who is ready to fight for your rights. An attorney will work to collect various types of evidence on your behalf, including security camera footage of the accident as it happened.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
If you have been injured in an accident at the hands of a negligent party, you need a knowledgeable, skilled attorney on your side. At The Law Offices of Steve Brannan, we understand how crucial this point in your life is. Fortunately, our firm has the tools needed to win the compensation you deserve. Contact our firm today. We are here to help.