Tips For Firework Safety in Texas
The Fourth of July is one of the most special holidays in the United States and here in Texas, which is why if you are someone who is having guests over for a fireworks show, you must ensure you understand how to safely use them so nobody gets hurt. Please continue reading to learn more about firework safety, and what to do if you are injured in a fireworks accident. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What should I know about firework safety?
- Do not light off fireworks without having a garden house or another water source and a fire extinguisher on standby. If you should need them, you’ll be glad you were prepared.
- Always use protective glasses when lighting off fireworks, especially if they are defective and you are struck by an errant one.
- Never relight a firework that did not initially go off when you first tried. People are frequently harmed this way.
- Before you light off any fireworks, check to ensure no guests are standing anywhere nearby.
- Do not purchase fireworks, or a certain type of firework, if it is illegal in your area.
- Ensure that children do not have access to the fireworks; fireworks are only for responsible adults who can closely monitor them.
- Keep all pets inside–oftentimes, fireworks can cause them to run away or behave erratically.
- Always douse fireworks with cool water after lighting them off, and wait before throwing them in the trash so they may fully cool.
What should I do if I am hurt by fireworks?
If you are injured by fireworks due to another party’s negligence, there is a very good chance that you will be entitled to financial compensation in a premises liability claim. However, that being said, you will first have to hire an experienced Texas personal injury attorney who can gather all evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof, such as medical documents, videos of the accident, and more. Our firm can do so, but you must speak with us timely, as the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas, is, generally, two years, leaving the wrongly injured with only two years from the date of their accident to take legal action against the liable party. Our firm can begin the claims process today–all you have to do is ask.
Contact our experienced Odessa, Texas firm
If you have been injured in an accident at the hands of a negligent party, you need a knowledgeable, skilled attorney on your side. At The Law Offices of Steve Brannan, we understand how crucial this point in your life is. Fortunately, our firm has the tools needed to win the compensation you deserve. Contact our firm today. We are here to help.