Supermarket Accidents in Texas | What to Know
Supermarket shopping is a rather mundane task. But, in some cases, it can be extremely dangerous. You may not realize it, but accidents occur in supermarkets often. With all of the people and products, there is a lot that can go wrong. If you or a loved one has been injured in a supermarket accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Read on to learn more about supermarket accidents in Texas and what to do in the event of an accident.
Most Common Causes of Supermarket Accidents?
Accidents can occur in any number of ways, but the most common causes of supermarket accidents include:
- Slip and fall accidents due to spills in aisles or restrooms left unattended
- Unstable displays
- Defective automatic entrance and exit doors
- Loose produce or items falling from shelves
- Spoiled food left for unsuspecting customers to purchase or sample
- Trip and fall accidents, often due to poorly placed (or missing) floor mats
What Should I do if I am Involved in a Supermarket Accident?
- Seek medical attention right away. Make sure your injuries are tended to. This will also allow you to document the extent and origin of your injuries.
- Document the scene. Take photos and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident.
- Notify the manager. Make sure the supermarket manager knows that an accident occurred so he or she can file a report.
- Gather the contact information of any bystanders. They may be able to provide witness testimonies if necessary.
How Long do I Have to File a Claim?
After an accident, individuals in Texas are given a certain amount of time to file a lawsuit. This deadline is known as a statute of limitations. Generally, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Texas is two years, which means you have two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against a negligent party. Though this may seem like a lot of time, it is always best to take immediate action. If you wait too long, you will most likely lose your opportunity to recover compensation.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a supermarket accident, reach out to our skilled firm today.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
No matter your circumstances, if you have been injured in a car accident in Texas, you need not suffer alone–our firm is here to help you through every step of the legal process so that you can focus solely on what matters most: healing, so you can live a happy, productive life for years to come. If you are ready to move forward with your personal injury claim, all you have to do is reach out to The Law Offices of Steve Brannan today and we will begin the claims process.