Slip & Fall Accidents in Texas | What to Know
Slip & fall accidents are incredibly common. This is because this type of injury can occur anywhere, at any time. In fact, simple, everyday activities may be more dangerous than you realize. Read on to learn more about slip & fall accidents in Texas and what to do in the event of an injury.
Most Common Types of Slip & Fall Accidents?
Something as small as a spill in the supermarket or an uneven sidewalk can cause serious injury. The most common places slip & fall accidents occur include:
- Sidewalk accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Supermarket accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- International airport accidents
- Elevator accidents
What Do I Do if I Am Injured in a Slip & Fall?
If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you will have to prove that this negligence occurred. To do so, you should take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention. This will allow you to ensure your injuries are treated while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. At the hospital, make sure to ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Document the scene. Taking photos and videos of the scene of an accident is one of the most important things you can do.
- Gather witness contact information. If anyone saw your accident occur, obtain his or her contact information. This individual may be able to provide witness testimonies.
- Retain the help of a personal injury attorney. An experienced attorney may be able to find more evidence, including security footage and police reports.
What is the Statute of Limitations?
If you wish to pursue legal action, you will have to make sure to file your personal injury claim within a certain amount of time. This deadline is known as a statute of limitations. In Texas, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is generally two years. This means that if you fail to file within two years from the date of the accident, you will most likely lose your opportunity to recover compensation. To avoid this, make sure to contact a skilled personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip & fall accident in Texas, contact our firm today to discuss your case.
Contact our experienced Texas firm
No matter your circumstances, if you have been injured in a car accident in Texas, you need not suffer alone–our firm is here to help you through every step of the legal process so that you can focus solely on what matters most: healing, so you can live a happy, productive life for years to come. If you are ready to move forward with your personal injury claim, all you have to do is reach out to The Law Offices of Steve Brannan today and we will begin the claims process.